How to make a first selection of videos?
There are eight selection buttons to access all the videos:
- warm up games: a warm up is any kind of exercise which is used to begin a session, a practice session at your instrument, or which is helping to build up a afvorable state of mind for improvisation…
- tonal/classical improvisation: in a tonal improvisation, a tonal center and hierarchy is used as a reference and serves as an anchor to attach a musical discourse. The nature of this discourse can vary greatly.
- free improvisation: a method to create music without any predeterminations. It is based on the idea that every player can make decisions on any point on the timeline. We consider it as a form of (Co-) composing in time.
- extra musical improvisation: an extramusical improvisation is a kind of improvisation (not using musical elements) which stands in relation/contact with other art forms like dance, movie, theatre, acting etc.
- solo, instrument specific: exercises for solo instruments including specific instrumental skills.
- small ensemble: exercises for any kind of small groups from duo up to quintet.
- large ensemble: exercises for any kind of larger ensembles from quintet up to orchestra.
- cross arts: videos with any kind of combination of improvisation with other art forms and media.